MMAC Open Relays
Open to all UKA Registered athletes.
Our annual open relays will take place on Sunday, 17th April 2016 from the National Forest Cycling Centre, Hicks Lodge, Willesley Wood Side, Moira, Swadlincote, LE65 2LP www.forestry.gov.uk/hickslodge 01530 27 45 33
Start at 10.30 am
The surface paths are suitable for walkers; cyclists; horses and of course, runners. This course starts and finishes on a tarmac path but the majority is on shale paths making this event multi-terrain. This is a totally off road course.
There is a designated Car Park but please follow the marshals instructions. The venue has toilet facilities but NO changing rooms, so please arrive ready changed. Refreshments will be available in the centres Café and it’s preferable therefore that you contact Phil Owen at email@example.com if you intend to stay for lunch. A Bar is available for after race drinks.
Accommodation is available at the centre, please contact the YHA direct at… http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/national-forest
The centre is next door to the Conkers Camping & Caravan Club site, ideal for those with caravans and campervans.
Again please contact the site direct at…
Please read the following carefully…………………..
- The relays are open to non-members provided they are registered with UKA and will consist of a one leg 4.4k long with 4 to run for the M35-44 & M45-54 teams. The M55-M64; M65-M74; M75+; W35-W44; W45-W54 and W55+ are ALL 3 legs.
- There will be prizes for ‘A’ & ‘B’ Teams and for fastest leg.
- The maximum number of names you can enter is 12 for the 4 stages and 9 for the 3 stages. For example if two teams are entered a maximum of 24 names can be entered and the 8 chosen from them. It is advisable to fully make use of this rule.
- There will also be a special prize for the Composite Team on the Day. These will be made up from individuals or incomplete club teams on the morning of the race and cannot consist of mixed male and female runners from the same club. If your club cannot field a team then please enter as an individual, see below.
- The extent of the prize list will be dependent on the number of entries.
- Entry fees are £24.00per team for the M35-54 and £18.00 per team for all other teams.
- The individual entry fee is £6.00
- Entry this year will be handled by SportSoft and the following link will get you straight to the entry page….. http://www.race-results.co.uk/results/2015/mmacr15e.php
- The entry is designed to be filled in by the Club Team Manager/Captain so please liaise with the appropriate person at your Club. If you cannot get enough interest to form a team you can enter as an individual and composite teams will be formed on the day.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY IS ON MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 8TH APRIL 2016
No entries taken on the day
Running Route can be viewed (need to check this is correct for 2016) here … http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_3929307.html
Running Route PDF …Route 2015 V2