MMAC Half Marathon & Marathon Virtual Competition 2016/17
The newly resurrected Half Marathon and Marathon Virtual Championships for 2016/17 has now begun. Both competitions will run simultaneously from the 1st April 2016 to the 31st March 2017. This will be a “virtual” contest based on age graded results, with the top three positions getting Gold; Silver and Bronze medals. In addition the combined best average percentage for both Half and Full Marathon will be awarded a special trophy. These will be presented at our AGM. Please submit any results going back to the 1st April 2016 for this year’s competition, it is intended to publish the interim tables both on this website and in the Newsletter.
The criteria/rules of the competition are as follows: –
- The competition will run for a 12 month period, normally from the 1st April until the 31st March the following year
- Results will be calculated using the WMA Age Grading Calculator 2006 (updated 2010) that appears on the Howard Grubb website at –http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html
- Medals will be presented at our AGM to the members scoring the highest three percentages and an overall trophy to the best combined Half Marathon & Marathon average percentage.
- The qualifying performance percentage for awards to be presented is 65%+
- Any number of results can be submitted during the designated period provided that at the time of the race the member is fully paid up.
- Submissions should be by email, to email@example.com, or the online form on the MMAC website (see below) stating the member’s date of birth; membership number; full name; date and name of event together with the time recorded. These must be accompanied by a hyperlink to the official results
- Races must be over a certified course with a UKA issued Licence or under appropriate Rules for any overseas events.
- Where possible gun to chip times will be counted when published otherwise chip to chip times. Either way the same criteria will be used for any one event to maintain consistency within that event
- We do reserve the right to reject submissions that do not conform to the above criteria